- Are you ready to give yourself the time and space to reflect on important questions about your life and work?
- Are you in the midst of life transitions, feeling at a crossroads in your life, career or relationships?
- Do you want to make a difference in the world but find it difficult to sustain your original passion and purpose?
In such challenging times, it’s vital to build your capacity for resilience, to be discerning in your choices, to learn how to engage the questions of your life with clarity.
Retreats for your renewal in life and work are available across the globe (find one here). While each retreat is presented by a Courage & Renewal facilitator who brings his or her own creativity to the theme, you’ll have a profound experience of the Circle of Trust® approach — as described in Parker J. Palmer’s book, A Hidden Wholeness: The Journey Toward an Undivided Life.
You can return to these programs more than once to replenish your heart and soul, to discern your next step, and to renew your commitment to living an authentic life. For any stage in your life and career, these programs help you “connect who you are with what you do!”
Find out what these participants discovered at a Courage & Renewal retreat. Watch videos here.
Typically, a 3-day Retreat for Personal and Professional Growth
A retreat you can return to more than once, each experience is new and transformative, helping you discover what brings true meaning to your life and work.
A Courage & Renewal retreat reconnects you with your inner wisdom—and with others—in a way that will refresh and sustain you like nothing else for the important work you do in the world. At this retreat, you will:
- Focus, without distraction, on what matters to you, especially your values and vision, challenges and fears.
- Learn principles and practices from our Circle of Trust approach that can be applied to your daily life and work, helping you stay true to who you are even in the tough times.
- Connect with others seeking similar insights, who listen fiercely with “no fixing allowed”, who honor each other’s differences.
What to Expect: Skilled facilitators help create a safe, quiet, and disciplined space—a Circle of Trust—in which the noise within us and around us can subside, where introspection becomes possible. In large group, small group, and solitary settings, you will explore the intersection of your personal and professional lives, making use of stories from your own journeys, and insights from poets, storytellers, and various wisdom traditions.
Clearness Committees, a high-integrity and strictly confidential process of asking open and honest questions around a difficult issue within a small group, are offered during these retreats. Another discernment process called a Clearness Triad is an alternate way you may experience these skills.
Courage & Renewal retreats often take place at beautiful nature-filled venues with limited attendance for small groups, which allow for the intimacy needed to create the Circle of Trust experience. Delicious meals add to the sense of being personally cared for. Meditation and movement are usually available to begin each day.